Keep Our Kids Here
What We're Up Against
33 people today. 33 more tomorrow.
33 is the average daily population loss for West Virginia. Population loss is a symptom of a much more devastating disease.
For generations, at the direction of corporate lobbyists and the politicians they own, state government has conspired to ship our wealth away from West Virginia. They ship it away every time they pass a corporate tax break or severance tax cut. They ship it away every time they make a sweetheart deal to bring another giant company in, just so they can undercut our small businesses. They ship it away every time they help a pharmaceutical company get rich off our people’s misery. They ship it away every time they weaken labor regulations and raise taxes on working people.
- Pass our “Protect Our Children” plan to make child care universally affordable, and our ambitious Education Plan, written by and for educators and parents.
- Make West Virginia the best place in the country for entrepreneurs, farmers, distance workers, and small business owners, by passing our Small Business Revolution, which capitalizes more than 3,000 new businesses annually.
- Make West Virginia the best place to work. Our Workers Bill of Rights will ensure that every job is a decent job, and our Mountaineer Service Corps will put 33,000 West Virginians to work rebuilding our roads, waterways, and broadband.
- Pass the nation’s most ambitious debt forgiveness plan—the “Take Me Home” plan— and pass Higher Education for All.
- Pass our plan to end discrimination based on race, gender, religious, and sexual identity.
- Make Broadband a Public Utility and fund a middle-mile that helps supply internet to every corner of our state.
- Make West Virginia the best place for generations to come. Read our plan to become a national leader in the fight against climate change, while also creating a State Bank that returns a Freedom Dividend to all West Virginia residents.
No one politician or slate of candidates can win this plan alone. We need you.
If you have an idea for how to make this plan stronger, or if you would like to lend a hand to win it, contact our co-chair Stephen Smith at email@example.com.