The only way we’ll get the kind of government we deserve is if we take it. We are calling on every candidate in 2020 to stand on the side of West Virginians who work the hardest and hurt the most, every time. There are Nearly 70 candidates who are currently in our pipeline, and we are adding more each week. The more of us who stick together, the more of us will win.
If you've decided to run, please read the pledge below and sign the pledge today! Once you've signed, we connect you with the training and support you and your team need to win.
If you’re still considering a run for office and are not quite ready to go public, we would love to talk to you. Schedule a call with Stephen@wvcantwait.com to learn more about the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge and upcoming Candidate Trainings.
Sign the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge
Promise that you’ll run a campaign that puts West Virginians before out of state monopolies by joining Stephen and dozens of other candidates in signing the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge.
The WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge
- We won’t take Corporate Cash--we promise to run a people-funded campaign and not to take a penny from Corporate PACs or executives from Big Pharma, Big Energy, or Out-of-State Land Companies.
- We will stand with working people–we promise to stay grounded in the day-to-day struggles and desires of the people who are working the hardest and hurting the most, and to never cross a picket line.
- We will never hide from a debate–we promise to meet with the public at least once a month.
- We will do the work–we promise to do at least 25 face-to-face meetings with constituents before we file in January.
- We won’t blame people who are struggling for their pain--we promise to remember that our fight is with the Good Old Boys and not with each other.
How it works
Email email@example.com for information about how to sign the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge. We’ll get back to you within 10 days.
Once you've signed, you'll receive a sample press release, a “I took the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge” seal to put on your website, and some resources to plan your run.
You’ll also get an introduction to the leaders of WV Can't Wait County and Constituency Teams in your district or county, so you can reach out and begin to build relationships with local leaders.
This pledge is not a WV Can’t Wait endorsement. It's a way for candidates to commit to running a campaign on the side of West Virginians--not out-of-state landowners, monopolies, and big banks.
We want this to work for you in your race! So it's up to you how much you publicly associate with the pledge.
Candidates who have signed the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge
County Commissions, County Sheriffs
- Kevin Wiles - Harrison County Commission
- Johnny Nick Hager - Mingo County Commission
- Jason G. Wright - Marion County Commission, Middletown District
- Casey Johnson - Marion County Commission, Middletown District
- Jeff Cline - Mingo County Sheriff
Mayors, Magistrates, Town Councils, School Boards
- Danielle Stewart - Beckley Mayor
- Sherry Dugan - Parkersburg Mayor
- Royal Lowe - Kanawha County Magistrate
- Johnny Bitzer, Jr. - Ohio County Magistrate
- Shauna Jones - Buckhannon City Council
- Kelly Elkins - Beckley City Council 4th Ward
- Anjellica Scott - Clarksburg City Council
- Jamie Green - Fairmont City Council
- Frank Jarman - Fairmont City Council
- David Seum - Moundsville City Council
- Gabriel Roush - Point Pleasant City Council
- Rosemary Ketchum - Wheeling City Council 3rd Ward
- Donna Joy - Jefferson County Board of Education
- Amanda Kinder - Cabell County Board of Education
- Terry Bartley - Boone County Democratic Executive Committee
WV State Senate
- Carla Jones - Senate District 2
- Levi Billiter - Senate District 4
- Rich Lindsay - Senate District 8
- David Childers - State Senate 14
- Jon Hague - Senate District 17
US Senate for WV
- Paula Jean Swearengin
WV House of Delegates
- Trish Pritchard - Delegate District 10
- Dakota Nelson - Delegate District 16
- Jeanette Rowsey - Delegate District 17
- Tina Russell - Delegate District 27
- Ryne Nahodil - Delegate District 28
- David "Elliott" Pritt - Delegate District 32
- Selina Vickers - Delegate District 32
- Mary Ann Claytor - Delegate District 35
- Rusty Williams - Delegate District 35
- Kayla Young - Delegate District 35
- Amanda Estep-Burton - Delegate District 36
- James Elam - Delegate District 36
- Cody H. Thompson - Delegate District 43
- Matt Kerner - Delegate District 45
- Brittney Barlett - Delegate District 46
- Mike Lockard - Delegate District 46
- Caroline Critchfield - Delegate District 48
- Ryan Deems - Delegate District 48
- Justin Lung - Delegate District 48
- Brandon Antion - Delegate District 49
- Aryanna Islam - Delegate District 50
- Andrew Dale Mills - Delegate District 50
- Jarryd Powell - Delegate District 50
- Danielle Walker - Delegate District 51
- Justin Hough - Delegate District 52
- Stormy Matlick - Delegate District 52
- JR Wolfe - Delegate District 52
- Candi Sisler - Delegate District 53
- Sammi Brown - Delegate District 65
- Storme Frame - Delegate District 66
US House of Representatives for WV
- Natalie Cline - 1st House District
- Vi Tran - 1st House District
- Matthew Hahn - 2nd House District
- Cathy Kunkel - 2nd House District
- Hilary Turner - 3rd House District
- Lacy Watson - 3rd House District
- Terry Holliday - 3rd House District
- Stephen Smith
This list of pledge-signers is updated roughly once monthly. This list does not represent all pledge-signers, as some candidates are yet to announce and do not yet wish to be publicly listed. This list was last updated on January 3, 2020.
FUND THE MOVEMENT
We’ve raised more small donations than all of the 2016 Democratic candidates for Governor combined. This movement is fueled by people-sized donations. We don’t take corporate cash.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
We have County Captains, Constituency Captains and Candidates running with us in every corner of the state. It will take 1,000 leaders not 1 to win a West Virginia that works for all of us.