The only way we’ll get the kind of government we deserve is if we take it. We are calling on every candidate in 2020 to stand on the side of West Virginians who work the hardest and hurt the most, every time. There are nearly 90 candidates who've signed, and we are still adding more!
The more of us who stick together, the more hardworking West Virginians will win.
Who has signed the WV Can’t Wait Pledge
County Commissions, Prosecutors, Sheriffs
- Kevin Wiles - Harrison County Commission
- Johnny Nick Hager - Mingo County Commission
- Jason G. Wright - Marion County Commission, Middletown District
- Casey Johnson - Marion County Commission, Middletown District
- Chris Collins - Roane County Commission
- Anthony Ciliberti - Fayette County Prosecutor
- Jeff Cline - Mingo County Sheriff
- David Parks - Lewis County Sherriff
Mayors, Magistrates, Town Councils, School Boards
- Danielle Stewart - Beckley Mayor
- Sherry Dugan - Parkersburg Mayor
- Royal Lowe - Kanawha County Magistrate
- Johnny Bitzer, Jr. - Ohio County Magistrate
- Shauna Jones - Buckhannon City Council*
- Kelly Elkins - Beckley City Council 4th Ward
- Anjellica Scott - Clarksburg City Council
- Jamie Green - Fairmont City Council
- Frank Jarman - Fairmont City Council
- Charlie Marshall - Grafton City Council - At large*
- Tia "Fix" Rumbaugh - Huntington City Council - District 3
- Steve Buyers - Huntington City Council - District 8
- Christopher Fain - Huntington City Council - District 9
- Ally Layman - Huntington City Council - District 9
- Cory Roman - Martinsburg City Council
- David Seum - Moundsville City Council
- Red Greer - Parkersburg City Council - District 1*
- Emily Starks - Philippi Town Council
- Gabriel Roush - Point Pleasant City Council
- Judith Watkins Rimmey - St Albans City Council
- Rosemary Ketchum - Wheeling City Council 3rd Ward
- Donna Joy - Jefferson County Board of Education
- Amanda Kinder - Cabell County Board of Education*
- Jenny Anderson Cabell County Board of Education*
- Erin Bajada - Jefferson County Board of Education
- Sandi Blankenship - McDowell County Board of Education
- Micah Weglinski - Monongalia County Board of Education
- Brianne Solomon - Putnam County Board of Education
- Terry Bartley - Boone County Democratic Executive Committee
US Senate for WV
- Paula Jean Swearengin*
WV State Senate
- Carla Jones - State Senate 2 *
- Robert "Robin" Wilson Jr. - State Senate 3*
- Bruce Ashworth - State Senate 4*
- David Childers - State Senate 14*
- Jon Hague - Senate District 17*
WV House of Delegates
- Cindy Welch - Delegate District 6
- Jim Marion - Delegate District 9
- Trish Pritchard - Delegate District 10
- Luke Winters - Delegate District 10*
- Levi Billiter - Delegate District 14*
- Theresa “Tess”Jackson - Delegate District 15*
- Dakota Nelson - Delegate District 16*
- Jeanette Rowsey - Delegate District 17*
- Ric Griffith - Delegate District 19*
- Tina Russell - Delegate District 27
- Ryne Nahodil - Delegate District 28
- David "Elliott" Pritt - Delegate District 32
- Selina Vickers - Delegate District 32
- Larry Cottrell - Delegate District 33
- Kathy Ferguson - Delegate District 35*
- Angie Kerns - Delegate District 35
- Rusty Williams - Delegate District 35
- Amanda Estep-Burton - Delegate District 36
- James Elam - Delegate District 36*
- Nikki Ardman - Delegate District 38
- Cody H. Thompson - Delegate District 43
- Matt Kerner - Delegate District 45
- Doyle Tenney - Delegate District 45
- Brittney Barlett - Delegate District 46*
- Mike Lockard - Delegate District 46
- Caroline Critchfield - Delegate District 48
- Ryan Deems - Delegate District 48*
- Steve Hamilton - Delegate District 48*
- Justin Lung - Delegate District 48*
- Brandon Antion - Delegate District 49
- Aryanna Islam - Delegate District 50*
- Andrew Dale Mills - Delegate District 50*
- Jarryd Powell - Delegate District 50*
- Danielle Walker - Delegate District 51*
- Justin Hough - Delegate District 52
- Stormy Matlick - Delegate District 52
- JR Wolfe - Delegate District 52*
- Cory Chase - Delegate District 53*
- Candi Sisler - Delegate District 53
- Bradley Rinard - Delegate District - 55*
- Jerod Shockey - Delegate District 55*
- Sammi Brown - Delegate District 65
- Storme Frame - Delegate District 66
US House of Representatives for WV
- Natalie Cline - 1st House District*
- Vi Tran - 1st House District
- Matthew Hahn - 2nd House District
- Cathy Kunkel - 2nd House District*
- Hilary Turner - 3rd House District *
- Lacy Watson - 3rd House District*
- Terry Holliday - 3rd House District
- Mary Ann Claytor*
- Stephen Smith*
Every single candidate listed above has signed the pledge (below). Candidates in BOLD* have also signed on to the People's Platform, a collection of plans and policy positions, written by West Virginians across the state. The Platform includes 30+ plans to legalize cannabis, empower WV seniors, create jobs, help miners, support workers, improve education, address the addiction epidemic, and much more.
Browse all the policy plans by clicking here. Read the pledge below.
The WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge
- We won’t take Corporate Cash--we promise to run a people-funded campaign and not to take a penny from Corporate PACs or executives from Big Pharma, Big Energy, or Out-of-State Land Companies.
- We will never cross a picket line–we will always choose the side of the people who are working the hardest and bearing the greatest burdens.
- We will never hide from a debate–we promise to meet with the public at least once a month, and to do the work of being available to our constituents.
- We will never punch down–we promise to remember that our fight is with the wealthy Good Old Boys Club in Charleston, and not with each other. We promise never to blame those who have been hurt for their pain.
If you're running for office, please read the pledge and sign today! Once you've signed, we'll connect you with the training and support that will help you and your team win. Schedule a call with Stephen@wvcantwait.com to learn more about the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge and upcoming Candidate Trainings.
How it works
Email email@example.com for information about how to sign the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge. We’ll get back to you within 10 days.
Once you've signed, you'll receive a sample press release, a “I took the WV Can’t Wait Candidate Pledge” seal to put on your website, and some resources to plan your run.
You’ll also get an introduction to the leaders of WV Can't Wait County and Constituency Teams in your district or county, so you can reach out and begin to build relationships with local leaders.
This pledge is not a WV Can’t Wait endorsement. It's a way for candidates to commit to running a campaign on the side of West Virginians--not out-of-state landowners, monopolies, and big banks.
We want this to work for you in your race! So it's up to you how much you publicly associate with the pledge.
(The list of pledge-signers is updated roughly once monthly, and was last updated on Feb 3, 2020. We respect that some candidates do not yet wish to be publicly listed. )
FUND THE MOVEMENT
We’ve raised more small donations than all of the 2016 Democratic candidates for Governor combined. This movement is fueled by people-sized donations. We don’t take corporate cash.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
We have County Captains, Constituency Captains and Candidates running with us in every corner of the state. It will take 1,000 leaders not 1 to win a West Virginia that works for all of us.