Choosing the side of school children
What would you do if you were governor? We’d do well to listen to these suggestions from middleschoolers.
- “More exercise in school, so we can be healthier.”
- “Medicare for everyone. Nobody should go bankrupt because they’re sick.”
- “Higher pay. People can’t live off minimum wage.”
- “Help people with disabilities.”
- “We need computers and iPads and internet at home, to do our homework.”
- “Make sure everyone has food, clothes, soap, water, a home.”
Our kids aren’t wrong to want a world where everyone lives with dignity. We are wrong to deprive them of it—especially in the wealthiest time in our state’s history.
See some of our plans to address this here: